Welcome!

Hello, my name is Juan Salas and I am attending Chico State. I am in my second semester and will finish my first year of this new adventure in college. Even if I am not as far away from home, this is something that I will be doing for the next few years of my life and am hoping to achieve great things from my time at there in Chico.

As this transition from Oakland to Chico, there is a very big difference in the community and environment. The main thing is that there is not as much sirens going off every night in Chico like there is in Oakland. One way that there is a change needed in Oakland is the amount of minorities that are going to college and becoming successful in higher fields of work. For example, my goal is to become a mechanical engineer and be the first to graduate from college in my family. My way of sharing this is on this blog and also how people are able to connect with one another through the different ways of social media that has grown on people today. Everyone can be connected and the way that becomes helpful is when people then start to support the process of another that is trying to reach the same goal or has been in the same position as them.

This blog is a way for me to get my voice out there of being a minority and going on this journey to achieve this goal and make my family proud for my accomplishments. Not only that but also show others that with the work being put in, the results will be promising at the end. There is no limit to the achievements that can be gained. All that matters is the work put in and the obstacles that are overcame in the process. That is what I want to share with everyone, being able to achieve what you work for just as I am working for the title of a mechanical engineer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Business and Social Media

Social Media in Politics

Social Activism